Maybe it's because we're stifled on this campus or our orientation schedule is packed, but I've found myself becoming a bit lackadaisical when it comes to everyday activities - I go to Korean class, eat lunch, go to some meetings, eat dinner, catch up on some emails, do some work, then go to bed. While this could be the nature of orientation, I refuse to catch myself taking views like this for granted:
A quick side note - that giant projector screen has since been shredded by a storm in the past week. Needless to say, the view is still spectacular.
I refuse to take any part of this experience for granted or fall into a routine where I forget to stop, take a look around, and reflect on my environment and state of being. Orientation can be monotonous but there are opportunities to step outside my comfort zone and try something new every day. This is the attitude I plan to remind myself of every day. If I don't, the year will be over before I know it and I'll be coming home with regrets.
P.S. - Welcome back Jed Lowrie. Boston missed you.
sheewon this. solid stance.
ReplyDelete