It's not as if the lesson went badly or I wouldn't call it a valuable experience - quite the opposite. Constructive criticisms that I received from my instructor and peers will go a long way to making sure I am a successful teacher in Korea. I'll never understand those teachers who shun feedback from their colleagues. If nothing else, teaching is a profession where you can't let pride and hubris get in the way. No matter how talented or experienced you are, there is always room to improve. Always.
Placement day is fast approaching. In less than a week, I'll know the location of the school where I'll be teaching for the next year of my life. The ceremony that occurs sounds dramatic and intense. They won't announce where we're placed in alphabetical order but rather by regions of Korea. Everyone that is placed in a given region will come up to the stage and receive their specific school placements. This way, everyone quickly knows the other ETAs who are placed around them. It's definitely a dramatic way to announce some pretty important information. We'll see how it goes.
Special thanks to Chelsea and Adrienne for their wonderful letters. You two tie in the first leg of the "Let's Send Neill Snail Mail" race. I was given them during a group meeting and everyone was jealous that I had not just one, but two letters. Very sweet of you both, thank you.
Just flew through season 1 of the Sopranos in about two days. If you're looking to get into a new show, this one I highly recommend.
wahoo!
ReplyDelete